Thursday, April 2, 2009

Big girl

My computer is done for. so lets recap this week before it shuts off.

When did my baby get so big?

She's 16 lbs 14 oz and 25.3 in in length.

The doctor typed it in, looked at me and said "you know that babies are supposed to double their birth weight at 6 months and triple it at 12" I swear its all breast milk with very few bottles of formula! :)
(a week later when she went in for her secound dose of shots, we chose to spread them out)

-----------------
Isla got some bling!! On her ears that is. My baby girl is getting so big, yesterday we pierced her ears after chickening out the other day. I think is hurt me more than it hurt her. If it was up to me I would've left her with one earring. Poor thing! But I must admit she looks so cute with earrings. Maybe now people will stop asking me "is it a boy or a girl"!!
Oh and she found her thumb and I think its the cutest thing in the world!

But back to my question..Where did my hairy armed, small belly, skinny legged baby go? I swear it felt like just yesterday she drowned in her coat and now I have to open the bottom so her legs can stretch(I refuse to buy another coat, its spring!!). I knew time would go by fast but never had I imagined that I would be sad to see it go just because I will never be able to go back to this. It is bitter sweet because I make new memories as time goes by, but you cant help but miss the old ones. That is why every chance I get I take pictures. So that I can go back to them and feel those moments all over again. As I do now.

No comments: